Garden Pics & Lemonade Recipe!

So my mission for yesterday was to work some more on my cute birdie mobile, but unfortunately that didn't happen... I did, however, get to have dinner solo with my husband which is a rare occurrence, so I'll still count that as a win! Not to mention finding a restaurant within 10 minutes of our house that is not only *not* fast food or Applebee's, but cooks a good steak to a true medium rare is a great find!

I did manage to get photographs taken of all of my fabrics so that I can upload them to Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenfoxfarms I am uploading those pictures as I type this and will hopefully manage to get them labeled with the fabric type, weight and amount available by the end of the day. :-) I have also resolved to add at least one picture to my blog posts as I find them much more attractive and interesting that way... Do you agree?


It's was another hot day. I wanted the kids to spend some time in their kiddie pool today to cool off, but they had other plans (TV!) which I had to thwart repeatedly... We managed to make brownies and homemade vanilla ice cream with brownie chunks finally! :-) Yum, yum, yum! Recipe post coming soon I promise ;-) In the meantime, here's one for the Super Easy Lemonade we made to beat the heat today!


SUPER EASY HOMEMADE LEMONADE RECIPE:
Ingredients: (Makes 1/2 gallon)
1-1/4 cup sugar (We used Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar)
1-1/2 cup Lemon Juice (We used Italian Volcano Organic Lemon Juice & I would really recommend using this or squeezing your own as it is soooo much better than the grocery store stuff!)
5-1/4 cups water
Directions:
1. Start by adding the sugar to a 2 cup or larger glass liquid measuring cup and add 3/4 water to the sugar.
2. Microwave the sugar/water mixture for 2-3 minutes until sugar is somewhat dissolved (but it does not need to be dissolved all the way, just enough to help the sugar blend better)
3. Stir and add to your pitcher.
4. Next add lemon juice and stir.
5. Mix in remaining 4-1/2 cups of water and add ice as desired.
6. Enjoy! (Refrigerate and consume within 3-4 days for maximum freshness!)




The garden needed my love as well, and I was excited to see if any of the flowers on our bush beans have turned into beans yet (a few have!) and I finally managed to take some pictures of the garden today. Here's a couple of my favorite shots and a collage of all of them:









Comments

Popular Posts