Just a Quickie! ;-)

I've been neglectful! *hangs head in shame* but busy! I finished a large custom order and 2 other custom orders as well! We had Zoie's third Birthday party! I've selected a WONDERFUL curriculum for this upcoming homeschool year and *agonized* about whether to go with Kindergarten so as not to miss anything or jump into First Grade which I truly believe is the better match... Let's not forget that life as we know it still chugs along even if we're hanging on and trying to just keep up! :-)

I'm really excited about getting some new clothing and wool items into the shop as we enter "Indian Summer" and can sense that fall is approaching. It amuses me a little to plan a "Back to School" section for my shop as life is our year round school here, but still we are the minority! Homeschooling was featured in the latest issue of Kiwi magazine though which stated that we are 2 million strong - Wow! That does make me feel a little more mainstream... Speaking of school, I'll gladly post a link to our curriculum source (no affiliation here just a LOVE for their Waldorf-esque approach!) Oak Meadow and share that I was uncertain about delving into a curriculum as I feel a strong affinity for the unschooling movement. I decided in discussion with my husband, however, that we both feel starting with some level of structure will be a good and needed distinction for all of us and help to keep us on track to our destination. This curriculum is truly a match to my heart and what I would pick if I were to design one for us myself. I love that they are taking some of the work out of this for me! They are nature and art focused and use a story telling approach for many subjects. I know that this will really capture my littles and am excited to get started!

I'm working on a couple of fun items for my almost 3 year old girl's upcoming birthday, who's party preceded her actual day of birth, much like her estimated due date preceded her actual birth date by about a week! I will post some picture once my works in progress begin to resemble their ultimate form more and their initial source less! ;-) In the meantime you will just have to suffice yourselves with a share of our wonderful, recent custom orders (I adore them so!) and appreciate them endlessly!! :-)






Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! We'll be back soon with lots more fun... I promise!!

Comments

Popular Posts